The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I had a cystotomy done and there was a small cauliflower

I had a cystotomy done and there was a small cauliflower like polyp. I know that not all polyps are cancerous, however, I guess my question is would this type be cancerous. There is No pain when urinating. I originally went to Dr. because I was having lower back pain. He did a urinalysis and noticed i had a lot of blood in my urine with no infection. He suggested I had kidney stones and put me on an antibiotic to be sure. I waited about 5 days with the pain still present. He checked my urine again and referred me to a have an ultrasound done. Those results came back with no kidney stones. About 4 days later I went to urgent care and my urine was checked again and it was still at +3 for blood and no infection. That is when he did the cystotomy of the bladder and found the polyp that resembled something cauliflower looking. He took a urinalysis of my bladder while he was in there with the microscope for a cancer screening. Is there a distinct look between cancerous and non cancerous polyps polyps of the bladder?
Hello
Welcome to JA
I am Dr Obinna, a physician
I will be your expert on this question
Firstly let me get a background
How old are you?
Do you have any other medical conditions?
Are you taking any medication on regular basis?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 32 years old. I have been smoking for about 15-17 years. I have no other medical conditions and no medications on the regular basis besides birth control.
Cauliflower polyps are generally classified as suspicious but not necessarily all become cancer
Some people are born with some forms of urinary bladder polyp especially Fibroepithelial polyps which are rare, non-cancerous polyps that form in the ureters and top of the bladder.
You may live years with it without knowing until it becomes big.
In other cases, these polyps are caused by infections, irritation of the bladder, or injury.
Some polyps can become cancerous
These are common in people who smoke, or exposed to toxic chemicals and occasionally from recurrent bladder infections
It is difficult to determine which polyp is cancerous just by its look
That is why doctors have to send the polyp to be examined under the microscope ( histopathological examination)
So the answer to your question is that it’s best to wait for the histopathology resultThanks for making It JA
Please remember to click the accept button and rate my answerSome people are born with some forms of urinary bladder polyp especially Fibroepithelial polyps which are rare, non-cancerous polyps that form in the ureters and top of the bladder.
Some polyps can become cancerous
Please remember to click the accept button and rate my answer
Sorry the system has a glitch
The first part is a correction
it is the best answer thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I did this last Friday and still no results. I called this morning and they said the preliminary is done but not finalized. What does that mean In reference to this test.
You know you are dealing with both physical and emotional health
So they have to check and ‘crosscheck’
It will be bad if the rush and tell you one thing and it’s something wlse
Thanks again for making it JA
Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
You are welcome