Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having surface abdominal pain that is kind of a…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having surface abdominal pain that is kind of a sharp burning pain almost just beneath the skin. It has been ongoing for about 3 weeks and is no better or worse. It is also in an isolated area located 3 inches above and slightly to the left of the belly button in a three inch square area. Hurts more when I lightly press the area but if I press hard it does not hurt any worse as the pain seems to be isolated more on the surface, but i understand that organs are beneath the skin there. I have had a day here and there where I feel nothing then it comes back

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No the pain is beneath the skin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take blood pressure meds and this issue happened last year & went on for a few months then stopped. I have had scans and nothing has a turned up & also a upper scope that only showed a mild hernia

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

ok
no

How old are you? Do you see any redness or having itching in that area?

Is there any pain when you eat meal or get better after eating?