Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Started with a pain in my back yesterday (upper right) which…

Customer Question
Started with a pain...

Started with a pain in my back yesterday (upper right) which i thought i had done by pulling a musle carring a large item. But he pain quickly spread to the front upper right (under the breast). Its only been about 24 hours at this point.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I had a hip injury and pelvic injury about 4 years ago. Nothing since then. That has been all in good shape for several years. Lying still seems to help. Sitting slumped up does not help. Bending over hurts. Lifting anything hurts. I'm trying to assess if its muscular or more.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that is all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I have some gas as well and have noticed that taking a gasx will calm the front pain a bit.
4/3/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom? Nausea, vomiting, cough? fever?

Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

41 F. no other symptoms.
thanks,

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms sound like muscle pull.
Some positions or effort can put stretch on the muscle eliciting the pain.
Other probable is a pinched nerve in the back.
The pain can radiate to front.
In the early stage icing & rest to the part are needed.
Please apply it after wrapping in towel.
You can apply it for 5-10 minutes at a time, leaving in between for the temperature to come back to normal.
Then application of heat & gradual stretching will be more helpful.
Pain medicine like tylenol or motrin can be taken.
Usually muscle pull improves in 2 weeks but varies according to its degree.
If the pain gets worse or continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.