Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS
4931939

I am having thoracic surgery on Thursday and I am currently

Customer Question

I am having thoracic surgery on Thursday and I am currently taking lovenox. When do I stop taking it before surgery. I am taking 10ml daily.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Swelling in face and neck. Skin sensitivity and I bruise super fast. I have a medistinal mass that is pressing on my windpipe and surrounding major blood vessels in my chest area.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No heart disease. They think I may have lymphoma but I have had 2 biopsies and both came back inconclusive
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your question.
I amCustomerand I would be happy to help you today.
Please clarify if you are taking lovenox injections or some other medicine which is being taken orally?
I have not received any response from you I will go ahead with my answer.
You may ask for any clarifications and I would be glad to offer them.
I am answering about lovenox injection which are used as blood thinners.
They should be stopped 24 hours before surgery.
If you are taking them once daily you should take half of the dose you take everyday 24 hours prior to surgery.
If you are taking 2 injections everyday you should take the standard morning dose and miss the evening dose.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.