Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having lower right back/side pain. It started about 8…

Customer Question
I'm having lower right...

I'm having lower right back/side pain

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

It started about 8 hours ago out of nowhere. No I have not taken anything as of yet

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about the pain?

No.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It started this evening while I was working as a massage therapist. I have asthma and did just have a splenic artery embolization last Monday.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/3/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Thank you
Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Why did you undergo splenic artery embolization?
3. Is there any personal or family history of kidney stones?
4. Is the urination painful and is the urine red or Cola coloured?
5. Did this start after any abnormal posture during the massage?
6. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
34/f. History of kidney stones but no symptoms currently. Nothing I did caused it, just started. I can't take a deep breath and it hurts to cough. Sae was due to esophageal and gastric varices found accompanying portal vein hypertension

HI...from your symptom analysis and keeping your history in mind (renal stones), I put forth these possibilities -

1. Muscular spasm - as the movement and deep breath is aggravating it. I suggest 2 - 3 doses of Ibuprofen 400mg with a gap of 8 hours will suffice.

2. It could be a renal colic and this should be needing a medical attention as the area of pain is suggestive of this and moreover after I asked - you came out with a positive history.

But I suggest you go ahead with Ibuprofen and wait for 24 hours with this. Meanwhile you take 2-3 liters of water per day.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani