Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m having some pretty bad cramping and abdominal pain and…

Customer Question
I’m having some pretty...

I’m having some pretty bad cramping and abdominal pain and I’ve tried everything to fix it and it only seems to be getting worse.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It comes and goes randomly, I can’t seem to connect it to anything in particular. I started having some hardened stool issues a week ago, with the abdominal pain coming up the last two days. I’ve occasionally had reply intense cramps like this but it usually means I have to poop, and I go within five minutes. This time, I haven’t been able to go when that pain comes. I did an enema about 30 minutes ago and almost no Fecal matter came out, so I guess I wasn’t constipated but now my cramps are even worse and I’m extremely bloated

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a history of hemmoroids and frequent diarrhea, but no history of constipation or extreme cramping or anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/3/2018
Doctor: Dr. Das, MD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a few minutes.

Thanks, I’m also having some bad Lower back pain, which is why I thought it was constipation that the enema would help. Over the last week I’ve also tried miralax twice and stoop softeners twice

Thank you for your reply.

When abdominal pain occurs together with back pain, it can suggest a problem with the back with the pain radiating to the abdomen. Or it can indicate an infection in the abdomen with the pain radiating to the back.

In either case, you will need tests like a stool test and an MRI of the back to identify the problem.

Meanwhile, please take a medicine called Menstrual Midol - it is an OTC medicine for menstrual cramps but works very effectively in intestinal cramps as well.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.