Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just noticed blood in my urine Male 75 yrs. Good, I work…

Customer Question
I just noticed blood...

I just noticed blood in my urine Male 75 yrs

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good, I work out three times a week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Prostate biopsy a year ago Negative

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
How much blood is there?

Do you feel pain, burning during urination?

Is there fever or any other symptom?

Very little, and only occasionally during the day today. A very slight burn. No other symptoms
Is this always serious?

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Please just answer my question if possible. I don’t want a call.

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.

Please wait, I am writing your answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Blood in the urine can be due to a few factors.
Urinary tract infection is a common cause.
As you are feeling some burning sensation infection can be possible.
Stone in the urinary system is another common cause.
There can be growth, nephritis, prostatitis, bleeding disorder etc.
Without disease too, it can come from strenuous exercise.
Sometimes no cause can be found too.
Please take plenty of water, which is good for urinary tract infection or stone and it helps to wash out the bacteria or tiny stone from the system.
Cranberry juice can help in infection.
In case of infection, antibiotic would be required.
I would advise to have an examination by doctor & get it investigated.
Urine test, culture and sensitivity test, ultrasound can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Is it that mild. What is the most serious problem?
What else other than infection? Prostate? Cancer?

Mild bleeding with burning is common with infection.

Blood in the urine can be a symptom of prostate cancer.

Can you answer , or are we throug

Is it common to have it bleed intermittently?

Occasional or intermittent bleeding can be due to exercise.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.