Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How to treat uler of toungue. No fever but lymphadenopathy…

Customer Question
How to treat uler...

How to treat uler of toungue

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No fever but lymphadenopathy in the same side of upper neck

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Several days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Allergy to pollens now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/3/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
Can you send picture?

Do you have fever, sore throat or any other symptom?

toungue ulcer is present in right lateral deeper portion. I can not take a picture. has lymphadenopthy in right upper neck'
no fever.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
I understand your anxiety.
There can be a few causes.
There can be aphthous ulcer.
Infection can cause it.
In infection there can be enlargement of lymph gland.
In long standing case of ulcer, growth needs to be checked for.
I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
Oral antibiotic can be needed.
Stress, hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, impaired immunity, allergy to food can be factors.
Injury from brush, biting can precipitate the sore.
Mouthwash like Listerine can be used.
Pl take plenty of fluid, bland diet, & avoid spicy, citrus food.
Hydrogen peroxide diluted in similar quantity of water can be applied, followed by application of Milk of Magnesia.
Gargle with a mixture of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl can help.
Ice chips can be applied over the sore and it can be soothing.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.