Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My eGFR is 59 ml/min and my RDW SD is 47.9 fl (RDW CV is

Customer Question

My eGFR is 59 ml/min and my RDW SD is 47.9 fl (RDW CV is 13.3%) and RBC is 4.01. I am a white male aged 78. I had prostate cancer 12 years ago and after a long period with PSA below o.2 it began to rise last year, so I took Lupron for one 4-month dose. I didn't like the side effects and PSA was again below 0.2 for two tests two months apart, so I stopped the Lupron. Should I be worried and do anything?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes.. Actually the PSA is below 0.10.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. and I take no other prescriptions, although I do take a lot of OTC meds, even BIRM.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should work on drinking more water and urinating more frequently which can help bring down your creatinine levels and help bring up your estimated or eGFR levels.

your doctors will continue to monitor your PSA levels

let me know if you have questions.