Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I found out that there is rash on my back skin it itches…

Customer Question
I found out that...

I found out that there is rash on my back skin it itches sometimes and i get a burning sensation when it touches my t shirt

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I found out two days ago when i had burning sensation on my back i feel like it has worsten over these two days i have picture too

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post your photo for me on this page?

here

Got it--hold on please

Did you have chickenpox as a child?

That's definitely shingles and you can only get it if you've had chickenpox in the past

It will resolve in a week to ten days and for now you can use over the counter topical capsaicin cream and oral benadryl for the symptoms, but it would be best to see your doctor for a prescription for oral acyclovir to speed up the healing

Please let me know if you need any more information