Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Two weeks aga I had total knee replacement surgery my

Customer Question
Two weeks aga I...

Two weeks aga I had total knee replacement surgery my appetite is not back to normal, but my problem my feces and gas are extremely stinky. What causes this

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling and I don’t know why is happening

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No,I am only taking Tylenol for pain

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Are your bowel movements loose?

Any fever or abdominal pain?

Loose , but no diarrria. No abominable pain or swelling .
Is it something in my diet? I am not eating much in salads

This is probably a viral gastroenteritis that will run its course in a few more days

For now I suggest oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day

But if this continues beyond a few more days you need to get a stool culture to check for E coli, salmonella or C diff since if that's positive you'll need a course of oral antibiotics from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information