Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have dizzeness and feeling sick .Also do not feel to be in…

Customer Question
I have dizzeness and...

I have dizzeness and feeling sick .Also do not feel to be in my body.Taking 12 mg phenergan.Going to the toilet every 2 hours during the night

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None.Tried 1 day of an antideppant beginning with a last tuesday and 15 days of fluexentine 3 weeks ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing.Had ECT 20 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask your age and gender? Also are you having diarrhea at night or are you getting up to urinate every 2 hours in the night? How long have you had the dizziness?

About 8 weeks.Ears crackling
Urinating
Lady aged 62

Thank you for the additional information,

Sorry for the late response but I was offline. Actually given the presence of ear symptoms and the fact that you have been experiencing nausea and dizziness in conjunction with the ear issues means that you likely have a middle or inner ear issue. This could be a middle ear infection such as chronic otitis media. In this situation, there is a collection of fluid inside the middle ear cavity which can lead to these symptoms. In many patients pain, swelling or fever is not present and they only complain of the crackling sound as well as the dizziness. A simple ear examination would be diagnostic and then this can be treated with a course of antibiotics as well as steroids.

The other possibility is that of an inner ear infection which can lead to this problem. Labyrinthitis can cause these sort of issues and again similar treatment would be necessary. Additionally excessive fluid inside the inner ear in a condition known as Meniere's disease can also be responsible for your symptoms. In that situation after a diagnosis is made, diuretics, steroids, and various other medications can be used to correct the problem.

The frequent urination can be a consequence of various other conditions, I would first look into diabetes which is a common cause of frequent urination at night. This can be checked by a simple urine test and a blood test known as HbA1c. Then there is the other type of diabetes, diabetes insipidus in which your glucose levels are perfectly normal and the problem lies with decreased reabsorption of water from the urine. This would be diagnosed with urine tests and a water deprivation test. At the same time, you would also be evaluated with urine cultures, urine tests and also an abdominal ultrasound to determine urinary conditions like infections or even stones.

I would suggest that you have your doctor look into these possibilities.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.