Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been getting tingles swelling and aching in my hands…

Customer Question
I've been getting tingles...

I've been getting tingles swelling and aching in my hands finger arms neck shoulders and elbows for months. I've had tests with no solutions. The past week and half I've been getting light headed and blurred vision. I've been very tired but unable to sleep. Today I've had numbing tingles in my cheeks and in the back of my head. And I've been nauseous

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

In my arms and hands for about 10mths. In my neck for about 6 mths. But in my cheeks only today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had migraines since I was was about 18. I'm 42 now. Have just been put on a preventative for them.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are you having any rash or redness while you have this sensations?

2. Is this associated with any fever or painful bubbly rash?

3. Is it more of electric shock like sensations or just tingling and numbness?

4. While it improves does it leave any residual weakness?

5. Do you have severe headache associated with these sensations and does it get better with sleep?

6. Do you feel any anger or irritation during the episodes?

7. Did you see an ophthalmologist for the blurred vision?

8. May I request you to upload all the tests which you have undergone till now?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Hi. There is no rash. I feel a little warm on and off. Sometimes it's like cold tingles and sometimes it's like mild electric tingles. Only a mild headache with it. I do have mild weakness in my fingers and wrists eg. Lifting coffee mug and tying shoe laces. When I wake, I still feel very tired and have a lot of trouble getting to sleep. But does subside a little when I've first woken but start again about an hour after. Not anger or irritation. I have not been given any of my test results. The doctor has kept them but she said they are clear. No rheumatoid arthritis or other similar. Bloods all clear. Xrays on hands showed nothing. Ct on neck was clear except mild degeneration of the c5 stuff. I was given some tablets for the dizziness and blurred vision but they don't work

Hi...thank you for getting back with the necessary information.

From the symptom analysis and the history I have gathered from you - I put forth these possibilities -

1. Peripheral neuropathy - this may be amenable to B1, B6, B12 vitamin supplements daily. It is available as Tablet Neurobion Forte, 1 twice a day for 30 days.

2. Multiple Sclerosis - This requires further neuroimaging and nerve conduction studies and further evaluation of CSF analysis.

3. Sensory Migraine - least of the possibility.

Please get back if you have further queries and I will be waiting.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani