Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife ia experiencing sharp stabbing pain in upper abdomen…

Customer Question
My wife ia experiencing sharp...
My wife ia experiencing sharp stabbing pain in upper abdomen and her back. Hurts to move. Been 3 days of this. With advil and topical numbing cream it subsides but comes back
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old is she?

she may have a slipped disk or a strained muscle in her back

what is her height and weight?

Shes 34, she did not fall or hurt herself. She does drink alcohol regularly and did drink alot Thursday night. Woke up and could not move without the pain. Shes been having a hard time since. She says it feels like a knife that comes to the front abdomen then shooting pain to the back
Her height is 5'4 and shes 150 pounds

she could be having pancreatitis inflammation of her pancreas if she is having upper abdominal pain radiating to her back and if she has been drinking a lot of alcohol

blood tests can check for amylase and lipase levels.

she should go to the ER

they can do the blood testing there.

Ok nothing we can do from home in the meantime? Problem is her insurance from work just canceled and im awaiting for my insurance company to add her.

she needs to stop drinking alcohol for now

and avoid fatty foods

and drink more water.