Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a swollen elbow now into my arm. Suspected it was…

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen elbow now into my arm. Suspected it was bursitis but now think possible a spider bite

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

O

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Can he write a prescription for me
Some improvement with Motrin or Ace bandage
4/2/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are you having and itching or local redness?

2. Are you having any restriction of movements at the elbow joint?

3. Since how long have you had this swelling?

4. May I know you age and your profession (I mean does it involve long duration of working with elbow pressure on)?

5. Is the swelling tender to touch?

6. Is there any fever?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

No movement restrictions
Slight redness at elbow and distally
Slight tenderness at elbow
No fever
62 years old. I’m a nurse
Are you experiencing any itching there?
Can you kindly upload an image please?
itching
Unable to attach photo
Image is loading... please wait
Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested information and the image also.
This looks like a local inflammation with allergic reaction. It could be an insect bite allergy too.
I suggest that you take tablet Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day for 3 days for local inflammation and swelling.
For allergic reaction syrup Benadryl 10 ml 3 times a day for 3 days should suffice.
But if the redness is swelling along with tenderness and if you start to have temperature with restriction of joint movements I suggest that you will require a physical examination by a physician. As you are a nurse I am freely using technical terms, in other way, I am suggesting that you should be on the Lookout for cellulitis.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani