Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

S urin smells like amonia. what can this mean? My husband's…

Customer Question
39;s urin smells like...

39;s urin smells like amonia. what can this mean?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

My husband's urine smells like amonia. what can this mean?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes. he's in a rehab now learning how to walk again. 12 years ago he survived three super viruses simultaneously that he contracted in the hospital while going in for a simple procedure. he was blind and paralyzed for two years, he got 85 pecentr vision back and was walking with a cane until 4 months ago. he was admitted for a urinary tract infection which went septic and nearly died. he's been in and out of hospitals since and now is slowly progressing. tonight i smelled urine on j

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you may have a bladder infection

how old are you?

are you male or female

is the urine clear? or cloudy?

you may need to drink more water?

He’s 62, doesn’t sting enough water, male, urine not cloudy but very dark

is he able to drink more water

he may need to see a doctor to get a urine test called a urinalysis to find out what is going on.