Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm raw on the out side of my vagina area ive tried

Customer Question
I'm raw on the...

I'm raw on the out side of my vagina area ive tried evertthing and to make things worse I burned it in a sitz bath ive tried everything ointments saves now what it hurts when I sit

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I burned the area last Tuesday the water was to hot dumb me its really raw on the skin that goes from bottom of vagina area to my butt hole ive laid in bed all day to avoid sitting

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just b 4 I was using ketoconazole cream in crouch area it cleared up now this because of burn

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Das, MD, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Since when have you had this symptoms?

How did it occur?

Is the area swollen and red?

What ointments and medicines have you tried so far?

a & d ointment hydrocottisone 1 % ointment I thought may be it was yeast I was wrong but I used nystatin / triamcinolone acetonide cream that was a mistake its burning and inflamed ive tried a cold sitz soak nothing helps I'm lost

Thank you for your reply.

I have already answered your question on the other question you posted, But I am repeating it here:

Home treatment for burns should be done only when the area of burn is small - less than 2-3 inches in diameter. Also, the degree of burn should be assessed by a doctor.

Please apply a cool pack over the area. Then you will need to apply ointment like Silvadene or Sudocreme which is available without a prescription. It is a soothing ointment which forms a protective layer over the burn.

Take a painkiller like Motrin or Advil to decrease the burning and raw sensation.

Wear loose clothes.

If the raw sensation does not decrease in the next 24 hours, please see a doctor.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.