Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 56 yr. old woman who has been getting an extremely…

Customer Question
I am a 56...

I am a 56 yr. old woman who has been getting an extremely sharp pain in the upper right part of my abdomen (under my breast - feels like where the liver is) sometimes when I bend over. The pain in intense and I have to just breathe through it. It is becoming more recurrent and now it feels swollen. What do you think?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries. The swelling has just occurred yesterday or this morning. It originally felt like a runners stitch and someone said it might be the way broken ribs healed but I don't remember if the ribs were broken there.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My ex husband had hep c and I have been tested but didn't show all the indicators. I need to get retested but don't show any of the symptoms of hep c that I am aware of. I drink usually one drink a day, hard liquor. and am over weight. I have LifeScreen health screenings every year and have excellent results every year.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 22 days ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Does eating trigger it at all?

Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 20 days ago

just click send to reply

Family Physician, Doctor