Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My adult son is having a recurrence of pneumonia a week

Customer Question
Hi. My adult...

Hi. My adult son is having a recurrence of pneumonia a week after finishing a round of Levequin (750 mg) for 5 days. The med did not make him sick the last time, but today he took a pill and threw it up. He's only had a few bites of toast this evening, and I'm hesitant to give him another big 750 mg. pill. Can I cut it in half? Or should I wait till tomorrow and get a different med? Hate to have him vomit again.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

He's intolerant of amoxycillin. Takes 200 mg/day of Zoloft (he has autism). Also Synthroid.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No -- just that he's had pneumonia 3 times since age 8.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

estimated, in this case I suggest you do not give the medicine again because if there is a recurrence is due to bacterial resistance so I suggest you go to the consultation tomorrow to change the medical treatment

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.