Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer from a TURP. 2 weeks…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer from a TURP. 2 weeks later I had a biopsy that was negative for Cancer. My question is what treatment options do I have and what are the chances that the cancer is hiding?

Doctor's Assistant: When did cancer begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Feb 21, 2018. No treatment plan or medicine as of yet. I have a Gleason score of 6

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about cancer?

Only my urologist, not an oncologist

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My family has a history of different types of cancer, bone cancer ( grandma) multiple myeloma (mom), stage 4 ovarian cancer (sister)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

chance of prostate cancer hiding your prostate is small

what gleason score was your prostate cancer on the TURP? gleason 3+3=6?

you can get a prostate 3 tesla parametric MRI scan to look for areas of cancer in your prostate gland

but if you had had a 12 core prostate biopsy which didn't show cancer, that is a good thing.

I completely understand that. My Gleason score was 3+3=6. My concern is it coming back. I have had blood in my urine for 6 years and I have finally gotten to a Urologist.
is it possible that my urologist could’ve missed the specific spot where the cancer was?
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer on 21 February 2018. It was found via TURP. I received a Gleason score of 3+3=6. A biopsy was conducted and it was negative. My question is could it be hiding? Could my urologist have missed a spot that is still afflicted? I do not want it to come back AT ALL. I want to have some sort of treatment, prostatectomy, radiation, or hormone therapy. Is this a safe approach for me? I don’t like the idea that something is or could still be lingering around in my body that could kill me. Please advise...