Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I wanted to diagnose a rash that might be an insect bite.

Customer Question
Hi, I wanted to...

Hi, I wanted to diagnose a rash that might be an insect bite

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Only rash

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 23 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
won't you need a photo?

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the rash?
Do you have any other symptom?
Can you send a picture?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
okay, i just responded to the text I got from your system and attached a photo of the rash. 52 year old male. good health. no known allergies. Not taking medication. It is an insect bite, so this is not a rash from a reaction to something ingested or some toxin the skin was exposed to. The strange expanding nature of the rash pattern around the origin where the bite occurred is what makes me know that it's not like a mosquito bite. It reminds me of a brown recluse spider bite. But I could be many other types of bite also.

I have not got it yet.

Please resend the photo.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
here you go

Thank you for the input & picture.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The picture looks like a bite itself.
It is possible to be brown recluse.

You are right it does not look like mosquito bite.
The center looks necrotic.
The rash is spreading.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Till then, you can take Tylenol if you feel pain.
Benadryl or Claritin can be taken too.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
thanks. no pain and no more itching (first few days some itching). Yes, I knew that I can go to a doctor, but that is a long process because a general MD will have little additional info than what you have. There should be a database that you can run image matching patterns against other images of known spider or insect bites. I was hoping you could provide something more helpful like that. So it's difficult to really justify a good review, relative the the $22 it cost me --- this is not your fault. There is only so much you can do unless you're an expert in bites or have an image matching database like I mentioned. However, if you COULD find such a database and identify this bite, I'd be happy to pay you $100 or so and write a stellar review. Otherwise, I appreciate your effort.

You are welcome.

Sorry, we do not have any such data base.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)