Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was looking for an answer about red flat blood spots on my…

Customer Question
I was looking for...

I was looking for an answer about red flat blood spots on my arm that seem to appear only after drinking alcohol. Wondering if it is related to my liver...

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't really know because I don't know what the spots are related to. I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos hypothyroidism. Other than that, I only have asthma and the only meds I take are asthma meds.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 23 days ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience

How many spots do you have? Do you also see it when you don't drink? Can you upload a picture?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Only after drinking alcohol. Sometimes there are a few and they can be tiny like a pin dot or larger like the one I have today.

Do you have any diagnosed medical illness or condition? Have you seen anyone for it? When was your last blood test?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
my last blood test was july 2017. No problems. I have asthma and Hashimotos. I take asthma meds. I do not have a tendency to bleed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
if I had seen someone for this issue, I would not be searching for an answer on here.
Family Physician, Doctor