Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have COPD and am currently taking Advair 250/50 diskus and…

Customer Question
I have COPD and...

I have COPD and am currently taking Advair 250/50 diskus and Spiriva Respimat 2.5 mcg. I was wondering if Incruse Ellipta 62.5 is comparable to either of these because I have several free samples of it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I'm taking Spiriva and Advair but my insurance wants the 1500 dollar deductible up front which I cant afford.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

Advair and Ellipta are comparable actually. Advair Diskus and Breo Ellipta both contain a corticosteroid (fluticasone) to treat the underlying inflammation component of asthma, and long-acting bronchodilators (salmeterol and vilanterol respectively) to prevent the bronchospasm (airway narrowing) component of asthma.

Advair Diskus is usually taken twice a day compared to Breo Ellipta which only needs to be taken just once a day.

In the short term it will probably be ok but check with your doctor first. Your dosage of Ellipta of 62.5 seems lower than the usual 100.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating for my service today. Thanks!