Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife's inr reading is supposed to be between 2 and 3 but…

Customer Question
My wife's inr reading...

My wife's inr reading is supposed to be between 2 and 3 but her last test, yesterday, reads 7.2. How bad is this?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite, sores on her rear, confusion

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Not much seems to help, new hip, RA, Congetive heart failure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She had vasculitis and we are told it never leaves, it just hides.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 24 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Which medicine is she taking?

How old is she?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
A host of meds. Prednazone
many pain pills
meds for RA
Metformine
Gralise
water pills
I can't remember
She is 76 yrs.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
how bad is a 7.2 inr reading for her?

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
I understand your concern.

I think she is taking a blood thinner.

You have probably forgot it.

These patients should have an INR of 2.0 to 3.0 .

For some patients who have a high risk of clot formation, the INR may need to be higher - about 2.5 to 3.5.

INR of 7.2 is quite high.
Such level increases the risk of bleeding.
You need to inform her doctor.
The medicine needs to be discontinued for a few days.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)