Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have flu for the past three days with a severe headache.

Customer Question
I have flu for...

I have flu for the past three days with a severe headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily headache and no nausea

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
there is also coughing
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 18 days ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
hello doctor

Please reply to the following queries to answer you better.
How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have fever or any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
19, male, I have fever, no past illness, did not consult a doctor, I'm taking Ibuprofen for the past three days

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.

Your symptoms can be due to viral illness
In viral infection you can have such symptoms.
Supportive measures help to cure it.
Try to take adequate rest, plenty of fluid.
Dehydration is common in fever.
Taking more fluid will help to prevent dehydration.
Continue Ibuprofen.
Or Tylenol can be taken.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Tests should be taken to get the precise diagnosis and further management.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I'm taking one pill a day should I double it and when is the best time to take ibuprofen. also would you recommend an oatmeal soup ?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
what about tea with lemon and honey? Thanks.

Ibuprofen can be taken 3 -4 times 6-8 hourly.
Acetaminophen or Tylenol can be taken 4-6 hourly but not to exceed 5 doses.
Oatmeal soup, tea with lemon and honey can be taken.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you so much.

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)