Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the side effects of METHYLPREDNISOL /

Customer Question
What are the side...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

METHYLPREDNISOL 2 TAB 7DAYS THEN 1 TA B 7 DAYS THEN 1/2 TAB FOR 7 DAYS. mY RHEUMATOLOGIST PRESCRIBEDF IT TO CHECK ON MY LOW PLATLET COUNT PRIOR TO SEEING IF I NEED

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

INFUSION THERAPY.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION ON LINE OR DO I HAVE TO READ IT THROUGH MY E-MAIL?

Thanks for staying online.

I am posting my answer below-

Well, Methylprednisolone is a steroid which prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.

Some of the common side effects are-

-Insomnia

-Mood changes

-A headache

-Nausea

-Stomach pain, Bloating.

It is always advised, that one should not using methylprednisolone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

Your doctor has rightly advised tapered off dosage, So you would not get any such side effects.

No need to worry at all. You should take this medication, in dosage, as advised by your doctor, and by this way, you would get least possible side effects.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh