Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What do you advise for cough that wont go away. Had

Customer Question
What do you advise...

What do you advise for cough that wont go away

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Had bronchitis 2 weeks ago still cooughing clear mucus

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Dont know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

If you are not having fever or greenish sputum or phlegm then its pretty much alright ,should be improving over next couple of weeks . Meanwhile you should take steam drink adequate amounts of water , take Robitussin syrup thats available OTC . I would not recommend you anything too aggressive for this for now as its pretty much normal for cough to take this long following a bout of bronchitis

Hope it answers your query.