Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have a question about hiv medication and crystal meth.? I…

Customer Question
Have a question about...

Have a question about hiv medication and crystal meth

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about HIV?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take Truvada and isentress but did crystal meth recently

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
4/1/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your question?

Ok
Thanks
I am very concerned about what I did for the last 10 days
I did crystal meth and want to know if there will be some problems with my medications now
I take Truvada and isentress

Thanks for the reply.

There is no significant drug interaction between meth and these drugs so nothing much to worry about. Stay relaxed.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

What hiv meds interfere with crystal meth?
I read on the internet that it can happen...
Your answer was very vague with no explanation

Norvir and tybost are the drugs involved in harmful interactions with meth but truvada and isentress are safe.

but Norvir and isentress have ritonavir and I understand that crystal meth can interfer with ritanavir
Is it true?

isentress has raltegravir and do not have interaction but ritonavir can interact.

raltegravir is protecting ritanavir
Is that correct?

yes.