Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Rash on my left buttock. It gets red and inflamed…

Customer Question
I have a Rash...

I have a Rash on my left buttock. It gets red and inflamed and has small bumps. It goes away within 3 days. I noticed my groin is inflamed when this happens as well. Same side. I’ve been tested for Herpes and the doctor said it was not. It has happened for about 3 years now. I have had HPV before a year or so ago. What could it be

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

I don’t mess with it and it goes away on its own. Small bumps like a cluster. Doesn’t hurt and isn’t painful to touch. If i mess with it, it stays for a longer amount of time. Last time it was gone in 3 days. I get one at least once a year.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I’m aware of no.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Medical
3/31/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 26 days ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I just sent it

Got it--hold on please

Have you tried treating that with anything?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No. It goes away if i don’t touch or mess with it. What do you think it looks like

It looks like an allergic dermatitis that sometimes can be triggered by soaps or detergents

Nothing too serious and you can use topical 1% hydrocortisone cream and oral benadryl or claritin to get rid of it

Once it's gone daily Claritin would keep it from coming back

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Even with my lymph node on my groin inflammed

Even then

This isn't any kind of infection like herpes

Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 25 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hello...I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now. I am currently reviewing your question and will be back in a moment.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hi....I understand your concern. But at the same time I would like to concur with Dr Chip that it is a simple case of atopic dermatitis. It comes and goes, bit can be recurrent and irritating.

As suggested it can be easily managed with local topical application of 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7-10 days.

Oral Syrup Benadryl 10ml thrice a day for 3 days will help in addressing the local itching.

Now coming to your main concern about local lymph node swelling, it is also normal. Usually lymph nodes react by increasing in size in such scenarios when some inflammation is going on at such a close proximity.

Sometimes even small injury to leg also can cause same side groin lymph nodes to get inflammed and increase in size.

Unless the lymph nodes are very red, very tender to touch, associated with very high temperature, you need not worry about this intermittent lymphadenopathy concurrent with this atopic dermatitis please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 24 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD