Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just received a lab report and it indicated high A/G

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a lab report and it indicated high A/G ration and high bilirubin. I've been exposed to mold for years, and have had toxic reactions to it, so I'm wondering if that is the cause.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of those. Chronic fatigue and headaches, and night sweating. My doc says my body is detoxing from all the toxins. I also have high carbon dioxide - what is this?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Headache is constant, especially during the night, and especially when I perform even moderate exercise.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nutritionist told me I have malabsorption syndrome, and that's why it's so difficult for my body to waste toxins and absorb nutrients.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
3/31/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

high A/G ratios don't point to disease process unless you have a known gammopathy of your antibodies.

how old are you?

are you male or female? what is your height and weight?

what are you eating daily? eating sugars, sodas, white flour, gluten, milk, pasta, bread, can add on body fat in your body and cause inflammation and pain in your body.

not drinking enough water, withdraw from caffeine, sodas, sugars can cause headaches.

For the past 5 months I've been eating organic fruit, vegetables and organically raised poultry and beef. That's it. No bread, dairy, sugar, caffeine, pasta, rice, potatoes, candy, etc. Just meat, fruit and vegetables.I've lost 50 lbs in those 5 months. I drink 120-140 fl. oz. of bottled water daily. Also de-caf tea on occasion, and bone broth daily. I now weigh 245 lbs, and I'm a 60 year old male. My doc says all of the toxins I've accumulated are coming out into my bloodstream and overloading me. I'm not sure, just wondering. Any ideas?

that is good you have lost weight.

that is good you have lost 50 lbs.

you should get blood testing to check your testosterone and thyroid hormone levels checked. low levels of these can cause night sweats. viral infections like mononucleosis can cause sweats and fatigue as well. there are tests for mono infection which can be caused by ebstein barr virus.

I just got checked for those items. Testosterone and thyroid are normal and no Epstein barr virus. I'm really confounded. Any other ideas?

it could be toxins coming out

you are eating healthy now and loosing weight.

which is a good

you should keep that up

you should work on doing some exercise which can help you build some muscle mass which can help your energy levels as well.