Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have fibromyalgia and now my legs are like rubber. Is that…

Customer Question
I have fibromyalgia and...

I have fibromyalgia and now my legs are like rubber. Is that because of the fibromyalgia?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have crowns. I was in the supermarket last night stouped

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/31/2018
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are having a rubber like feeling of the legs and you are wondering whether this is because of fibromyalgia, or could it be due to something else. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns, kindly answer to these below posted questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How old are you?

2) Are there any additional new symptoms such as severe and new onset low back pain, new onset leg pain, new onset leg muscle weakness, new onset bladder or bowel disturbances etc? Or any other new onset or unexplained symptoms along with this rubber like feeling in the legs?

3) What are your current treatments (including prescription medications or non-prescription/over the counter medications or herbal/supplements, or non-medication treatments etc)?

4) Is there any excessive stress recently, or any issues with anxiety disorder?

5) Are there any issues such as lack of sufficient sleep, dehydration, work overload, missing food etc?

6) Are there any already diagnosed medical health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your health concerns you have mentioned above.