Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About a week ago my left inner ear keep popping. And it felt…

Customer Question
About a week ago...

About a week ago my left inner ear keep popping. And it felt like I had swimmers ear. I've been cleaning it with Hydrogen Peroxide 3%. Yesterday it started to really hurt so I put some alcohol 91% in my ear for 10 seconds and flushed it out. now it seams that my ear is underwater. also the hurt comes and goes. at the moment its just fills like I'm under water and inches a little. what can I do to help my ear problem?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Couple of weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not mine no

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 25 days ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today. I am an ear, nose and throat physician.

Are you having any drainage from your ear? Pain? Hearing loss?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Drainage No, Pain off and on and it feels like I'm under water

This sounds like either you have ear wax/water that is stuck in your ear canal or you have a congested Eustachian tube. The eustachian tube helps to equalize the pressure in your ear, but when it is congested it can cause you to have muffled hearing. In order to find out exactly what is going on you would need to have a doctor look in your ear.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
are you still there

If it is wax, that can be removed relatively easily in the office.

If it is eustachian tube dysfunction you would want to buy flonase nasal spray and use that once a day. Also, Sudafed can help once a day. And finally, popping your ear will help. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD