Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is shinge catchabe. I have a friend that has the shingles. I…

Customer Question
Is shinge catchabe Doctor's...

Is shinge catchabe

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a friend that has the shingles. I want to know if i can catch them.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well the virus is spread through direct contact with fluid from the rash blisters caused by shingles.

A person with active shingles can spread the virus when the rash is in the blister-phase. A person is not infectious before the blisters appear. Once the rash has developed crusts, the person is no longer infectious.

Shingles is less contagious than chickenpox and the risk of a person with shingles spreading the virus is low if the rash is covered.

So if you were not exposed to the rash or the rash had already crusted then you are pretty safe.

Hope it answers your query.

Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 24 days ago

Hello , i hope you are great .

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor