Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is on Warfin. One week ago his left arm was

Customer Question
My husband is on...

My husband is on Warfin. One week ago his left arm was swollen and hot. We saw a doctor but it is still swollen and hot especially around the elbow. His hand is also swollen but cool. Any suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

He has had a few dizzy spells that go away if he lies down. He has a defib and pace maker.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you may have some arthritis or tendonitis around his elbow causing swelling and heat.

he may benefit from an ice pack wrapped in a towel on his elbow to decrease pain and inflammation.

He has tried ice and it does make the pain less but that area is still hard and hot.
I am starting to believe this is a scam. First you want $5. and now $50. Maybe you should refund my $5.

he may have an infection of a bursitis or a synovial cyst in his elbow

he should see a doctor and keep icing the area

and get an ultrasound of the elbow to check for fluid and infection

he may need some fluid taken out and analyzed for infection and uric acid crystals which can be elevated in patients who have gout inflammation in their joints which can also cause swelling and pain.