Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 24 year old male and I am have excruciating pain in my…

Customer Question
I'm a 24 year old...
I'm a 24 year old male and I am have excruciating pain in my left upper arm and it's come out of nowhere. And I haven't used it or worked out recently what could be causing it to hurt so bad?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from neck stiffness, and shoulder pain?

Prolonged hours of computer/ mobile usage?

Poor posture during sleep?

Is pain continuous or comes & goes?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any other medical illness?

Swelling, tenderness on the upper arm?

Numbness and tingling sensation?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

No neck stiffness, from left shoulder down to elbow I have pain, no on computer usage, i drive a semi all day, I sleep on my side, right now the pain is continuous, no medication, no other medical illiness, there's no swelling or tenderness, it's just a sharp radiating pain. I think on the safe side I'm just going to the ER

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnosis may include Tendonitis, Nerve compression.

You should do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment and apply warm compresses.

Take OTC Advil and Tylenol together now.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.