Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 26year old son had a bad toothache (really bad) I

Customer Question
My 26year old son...

My 26year old son had a bad toothache (really bad) I stupidly gave him one if my 20mg slow release oxycontin tablets that was 5 hours ago he is still unwell and dizzy should we seek medical assistance

Doctor's Assistant: Has your son used Oxycontin or anything similar before?

After he took it he told me that he had had an 2 engine tablets once before for his tooth and that had made him feel sick I wouldn't have given it to him had i known that first

Doctor's Assistant: Has he seen a doctor about dizziness?

No it only came I after he took the tablet hasn't had it before

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had a anaphylactic shock at 8 but they never could find the cause hasn't had it since (he had appendix out)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is it possible for you to take his blood pressure and pulse?

How severe is his dizziness?

No i am not with him he is 20 min away
No apparently he isn't short of breath
His dizziness is medium he says
He has been asleep for 3 hours and still feels terrible

If dizziness is severe, he may be evaluated by the doctor. His parameters need to be seen.

Since the dizziness is medium and he is feeling terrible, he should seek medical help.

He may need some antidote medication.

Ok so you think we should get him to the hospital

This does not seems to be emergency in the sense that it is life threatening. But he needs medication so he start feeling better.

Otherwise his symptoms can linger on for further 12-24 hours.

Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing him a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Hope your son is feeling better now.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.