Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

We are in Cancun Mexico on vacation from the US. Symptoms of…

Customer Question
Hi we are in...

Hi we are in Cancun Mexico on vacation from the US. Symptoms of swollen, painful feet for a few days now. No known allergies except penisilin. Rash from fluid build up on ankles and calf. It has never done this before. We have done a lot of walking but I am normally a very active person in day to day life. I have used ice and extra strength Tylenol. No known health problems. Just wondering what to do Or what may have caused this.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

OK waiting for redirection to the deposit page. My internet connection is terrible.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Do you have any pictures you could upload?
here they are. This is after having them elevated and rested all night.
This is the worst they have looked. It seems that it's not getting any better with elevation or rest.
The images show that there is is some edema which is fluid retention often from sitting still for long periods of time. No signs of infections so that’s good. The best thing to do is to keep on elevating them and it will resolve on its own.
If you by chance also had a lot of water to drink and or salt then that can contribute to worsening edema.