Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the term for clogged capillaries and arteries in the…

Customer Question
What is the term...

What is the term for clogged capillaries and arteries in the brain?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes the doctor prescribed a staten (?) and an antidepressant.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes the current doctor took me off Warfarin abruptly about 3 years ago. I had an unknown blood clot source some years earlier and had been on Warfarin for several years. I am also dealing with speech aphasia which increases rapidly.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I began having headaches about 2 months ago. My memory is failing and I get very tired and tend to move slowly. I am almost 80.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/30/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The term used for this condition is intracranial arterial stenosis or atherosclerosis.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you