Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was offered after my prostectomy where a band is put are…

Customer Question
I was offered after...

I was offered after my prostectomy where a band is put are the urethra and a bulb is put in the scrotum to release the urine

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I was talking to an MD in franklin I think.. a woman md

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

after prostatectomy, may patients can have problems with urinary continence.

an artificial urethral sphincter with a resevoir in the testicle can help control urination.

what are your questions?

Is there a name for this procedure

it is a surgical placement of an Artificial Sphincter for Urinary Incontinence for men

you can read more here

https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/artificial-sphincter-for-urinary-incontinence-in-men

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003983.htm

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/artificial-urinary-sphincter-men

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com