Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Std risk. Slight burn after urination/ejaculation, tingling…

Customer Question
Slight burn after urination/ejaculation...

Slight burn after urination/ejaculation, tingling sensation in tip of penis

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Received unprotected oral sex

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

hello

Well STD risk from oral sex is almost negligible . Viruses like HIV are not secreted through saliva so the only rare case would be if the partner had bleeding gums or open wound / ulcer in his / her mouth causing leakage of virus and thus contaminating the saliva .

The risk of transmission even with such type of exposure would be as rare as being struck by lightening . So your symptoms could be a result of irritation to the penis caused by the oral sex not necessarily an infection. It could also be a result of infection from an exposure other then you just described.

You can take AZO for burning and cranberry juice for recovery of urinary lining . Keep good oral fluid intake meanwhile.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Let me add some more detail first please
This is the whole situation:On March 4th, I received unprotected oral sex from a male CSW. I ejaculated into his mouth/throat. I add that because that was allowed for me, so I assume it is allowed for everyone. Mid-last week, sporadically, I would feel a slight burn/tingle in the tip after urinating or ejaculating. Obviously, I am now concerned, so I am paying extra attention, and now noticing it more. For example, just sitting here I can feel a tingle/burn at the tip. If I go naked, the sensation generally fades. I have no other symptoms (i.e. discharge, pus, sores, etc.). I went to a clinic for chlamydia and gonorrhea testing. The results will back next week. They were somewhat confident that it’s not gonorrhea because of the lack of drainage/pus. But stated that chlamydia may be a possibility. I know that oral sex is not safe sex, but less risky than vaginal/anal. I assume a CSW who allows ejaculate in the mouth is riskier than those who don’t. So now that I am extremely nervous and anxious, I am wondering if this presents as an STD.

I would say the risk is negligible . Your symptoms although could be suggestive of but are not specific to an STD. The risk of transmission through oral sex with ejaculation is still very very low . I would attribute your symptoms to physical irritation more then any infection

As far as Chlamydia is concerned there is a risk associated with oral sex for its transmission

The risk of transmission with orap sex is however considerably low as compared to vaginal or anal sex. Yet you need to wait for the Chlamydia test. Its important to know about the status of your partner here though

ok

Family Physician, Doctor