Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I always feel like I need to stretch my legs, especially…

Customer Question
I always feel like...

I always feel like I need to stretch my legs, especially when I sit down in a chair

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling, but when I walk around or stretch my legs it does get better Sitting down will make it worsee worse*

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when is the problem?

Were any investigations or treatment done?

Are you on any medications?

Age is 19 gender is male
I have noticed the issue for the last year or so
No investigation or treatment
A few weeks ago I took one Tylenol-3 after a root canal, but besides that no medication

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of hamstrings tightness. You may need to consult a physical therapist or MD in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Following is the treatment;

1) Passive stretching.

2) Active stretching.

3) Against resistance exercises.

4) Exercises with weight.

There is a condition called as RLS (restless leg syndrome), which has same symptoms in rest, but it is not common in your age group.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

My dad has RLS. Could it be possible that I have it as well?

In your age group, as we discussed, this is not common at all.

Rest Leg Syndrome can develop as a result of certain conditions, particularly iron deficiency and peripheral neuropathy. Other causes of RLS are folate or magnesium deficiency, amyloidosis, diabetes mellitus, lumbosacral radiculopathy, or vitamin B-12 deficiency. None of these usually occur in a 20 year male. Following investigations are advised;

1) A complete iron panel including iron levels, ferritin, transferrin saturation, and total iron binding capacity.
2) BUN,
3) creatinine,
4) magnesium,
5) thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH),
6) vitamin B-12, and folate.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.