Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am (and have been) experiencing a burning sensation

Customer Question
I am (and have...

I am (and have been) experiencing a burning sensation located on my back near my upper right shoulder blade for the past 3 days. As of this writing, it has become very intense and quite annoying. Should I be concerned that this is a medical issue that needs attending to?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Just this week. No other discomforts other than aching joints which is quite regular.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I will be 60 years old as of May 19th. I am an African American female. 5' 3" and weigh about 215 pounds. In the past, I have had a complete hysterectomy and thyroidectomy.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

I am Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Any neck pain? Any difference with bending or neck movement? Any redness in that area or itching? Any tingling, numbness, or burning in any other parts?

no, none of those symptoms.
Thank you so much for your time. I am at work and not in a position to where I can talk on the phone. I imagine that I may need to go get some assistance. It is getting more and more intense. Thanks again.

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like anything major or serious. Burning sensation and pain in scapular region could be due to several causes like pinched nerve or referred pain from gall bladder, or musculoskeletal pain. Since it's too intense, I suggest you to visit your doctor for proper evaluation. You will need blood test, x ray and ultrasound to rule out all these possibilities.

Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr.Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.