Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a 16 year old girl and after my workout last night, when…

I’m a 16 year old...
I’m a 16 year old girl and after my workout last night, when I got home, I started feeling a little back pain in my lower back. And it still feels that way this morning. Could this be a kidney problem? I know there are many rare cancer diseases such as renal medullary carcinoma which a young man died from suddenly last year or two ago. Can renal medullary carcinoma happen in young girls as well as guys and people who do not have a sickle cell trait ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have nausea?

Did you have any injury?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Does pain from back comes to front side of abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I don’t have nausea. My bowls are moving but I think that’s because I’m a little nervous. My pain is about a 4 and sometimes it comes to my lower abdomen but it goes away
no I didn’t have an injury. It’s also in my upper back a little at this minute

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, I can understand your concern.

Well, such symptoms can be related to

1. Kidney stone.
2. Muscle pull or nerve compression.

Please don’t think for any serious issue.

Such symptoms are not related to Renal medullary carcinoma. No need to worry at all.

I would clear that, Most individuals with this type of cancer have sickle cell trait.

Renal medullary carcinoma is extremely rare, and it doesn’t occur in young people.

Please don’t worry about such serious issue.

For associated pain, you can take OTC Motrin and take plenty of fluids.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I read on the internet that it happens in young adults usually males who are African American. Is this true? And are you sure I should not be worried ?

I am pretty confident, that you are safe.

Please be relaxed and stop worrying.

Please stop searching for your symptoms on Dr. Google. This may give confusing results.

Many of the articles, are written by unprofessional, and may only lead to stress and worry.

Such cancer, is very very rare and it affected young men and is almost exclusively associated with sickle cell trait.

You are safe. No need to worry at all.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
What can I do to remove the back pain? A headache just came with it

You can take OTC motrin.

Also, you use hot packs on the affected part.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh