Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was stung on the top of my hand above the thumb joint by a…

Customer Question
I was stung on...

I was stung on the top of my hand above the thumb joint by a yellow jacket on Tuesday. My hand is swollen, hot to the touch, and throbbing.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Nothing seems to be helping. I've taken ibuprofen, used topical cortisone cream, iced it. My health is very good.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have general allergies, pollen, trees, etc. use over the counter meds as needed. Nothing else in my history that I feel would have to do with this. I take no prescription medications.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Thank you for the input.
I understand your concern.
Swollen hot finger along with throbbing pain can be due to infection.
You will need antibiotic to cure it.
I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.