Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is happening, this has happening a few times. like I…

Customer Question
What is happening...

What is happening , this has happening a few times. like I woke up this morning and I belched It was like pure acid. now my throat feels like it is burning It has taken about 45 min of pain in my throat.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

I don't think that I have a fever. It has happened now like maybe 4 times in the last few monthsf

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.

Please reply to the following queries to answer you better.
How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you try any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

I just turned 80, I am female,no other symptoms, No past illness, No I have not seen a Dr. lately. Yes I took OMEPRAZOLE 20 CAP I always take 1 a day today day I took 2 when I was hurting so bad
I am begining to feel a little better but it has taken me about an hour to get any relief Now when I cough it hurts

Thank you for the input.
I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are due to reflux of acid.
Indigestion, GERD can be possible.
Avoid late night spicy food.
Keep the head up by having extra pillow.
Antacid can be tried.
I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
Other prescription medicine can be needed.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.