Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Twisted my knee possible MCL sprain but have some bruising…

Customer Question
Twisted my knee possible...

Twisted my knee possible MCL sprain but have some bruising on inside of knee.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I do have swelling. Could it be caused by wrapping it too tight with an ACE bandage

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

When did the twisting of knee occurred?

When was ACE bandage applied?

What did your MRI show?

44
Occurred Tuesday
The next day
Didn’t have MRI yet

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Swelling is likely due to tight ACE bandage.

You may remove it and instead buy a knee brace with a joint incorporated. This is available at the health stores and pharmacies. This would not only give you a proper bracing but prevent too much compression of the soft tissue and would not hinder the venous drainage.

Brace can be removed in night time and also very easy to wear many times in a day. They give same support or even better than the ACE bandage.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.