Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am currently experiencing severe sinus issues. Nasal

Customer Question
I am currently experiencing...

I am currently experiencing severe sinus issues

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

Nasal drainage, dizzy, sore throat

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about the sore throat?

Yes and it was said that I had a cold, but my symptoms are more like sinusitis

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other health issues

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
If needed are you able to right a prescription

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Do you suffer from fever, fatigue?

Clogged ears?

Are you taking any medicines?

Duration of symptoms?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

Cough?

Smoking and alcohol consumption?

Any medical illness of Hypertension, etc?

What is the color of phlegm?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
29 male, some fatigue I’m drinking lots of fluids to reduce dehydration, I have tried some over the counter items but symptoms still persist
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Has lasted about 1.5 weeks, some
Phylum in throat, no medical conditions, and the phylum is light yellow.

Which medicines have tried so far?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Zicam, allegra, and Thera flu
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I’m also have congestion,
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The over the counter medications haven’t provided much relief
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Any thoughts?

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, viruses are most common causative agents in the most of the upper respiratory tract infections.

So, antibiotics don't help.

As per your description, it's sinus infection which can cause dizziness due to eustachian tube blockage, throat irritation due to excessive mucus production in sinuses that can cause phlegm at back of the throat.
I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Do nasal saline drops and OTC Nasonex nasal spray.
You should do menthol steam inhalation and saline gargles.

Do betadine gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in your room.
Take OTC Mucinex DM.
You should elevate your head with an extra pillow.

Start Cepacol Sore Throat (Benzocaine/Menthol Lozenges) for a sore throat and multivitamin & multi-mineral supplement.

Try Bromelain supplement.

I would advise you such new over the counter medicines to use for 3-5 days.
If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see an ENT specialist for a clinical exam and CT scan of Sinuses, throat exam, throat culture.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks for the advice, my partner is currently on around of antibiotics for a respiratory infection. Do you think it would be wise to try the same treatment for me? It appears that the antibiotics have helped him a lot

Thank you for replying back.

I understand your concern.

I would advise you to try such remedies for 5 days.

If your symptoms will not improve then see your doctor for a prescription for antibiotics.

The main thing is to improve your immunity.

So, eat lots of fruits, vegetables, start multivitamins.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thanks, ***** *****’t have insurance and used the last of my funds to reach out. I have monitored my symptoms and haven’t seen much of an improvement.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I may have to endure the price of an er visit.

I understand your financial issues.
However, I can help you in providing over the counter medicines which can be effective in your case as you didn't try such remedies so far.

If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have tried various over the counter remedies, I feel like to kick this illness o need the help of antibiotics.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Are you allowed to write a prescription?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor