Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I injured my back a few weeks ago. I have been seeing a

Customer Question
Hi I injured my...

Hi I injured my back a few weeks ago. I have been seeing a chiropractor but I feel like I am getting worse. I’m a stay at home mother and I don’t think I’ve let myself over do it but occ pain meds are not working for me. Is there anyway I can get a new pain script.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Adderall10 and Zoloft 100

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I know that I do have 2 pinched nerves and a slipped disc right at this mom for sure

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 26 days ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please, could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Have you taken any medication?

Do you have any symptoms of weakness, loss of strength in lower limbs?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am 28 I’ve take my last 2 muscle relaxers throughout the night will ibuprofen. My daily is adderall 20Xtmg and Zoloft. I am definitely feeling pain all over the left side of my body my door hasn’t woke in for a while now.

What is your weight?
What is your job?
Do you play any sports?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
140 stay at home mother I am very active. I injured myself getting babies out of my truck.

Dear *****ient. in your case, it is, in fact, a spinal cord injury to be investigated.
I suggest performing a lumbar spine MRi.
It should be confirmed that the injury you have has not progressed and is further injuring the nerve.
Typically, spinal injuries are caused by weakness of the spinal musculature that generates instability and injury of the discs and nerves.
In your case, once the MRI is done, it should be suggested to start rehabilitation to strengthen the muscle.
it is very important to perform spinal stretches.
That is why I suggest the following treatment with Ibuprofen analgesic of 400mg every 12 hours, and to maintain a fixed muscle relaxant like Cyclobenzaprine 10mg every 12 hours for 5 days.
Rest should be maintained and you should go to the doctor's office.

Do you have any doubt?

Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 25 days ago

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor