Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If I coming here today it's because I'm totally lost and…

Hello, If I coming here...
Hello, If I coming here today it's because I'm totally lost and scary I have this for more than 1 year now. single bordeline enlarged left jugulodigastric lymph nodes with otherwise normal morphology and attenuation. This is most likely post infectious or inflammatory in nature. Correlate clinically and follow-up if warranted.that's exactly what my CT scan soft tissue told me but I don't really understand, my doctor send me see an other ORL for check if is not the tonsils.
I don't really know if it's an infection or something worst I really need help be cause I'm feel like the doctors don't really take that very seriously about.It's kind of pain me on the side.thank you for an answer.
3/29/2018
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

I realize that this must be scary. However, such an enlargement in lymph node after an infection is very common. Also in many individuals, after the lymph nodes enlarge they may not return to their original size and can be persistently enlarged. You should not worry regarding this. Just a single node enlarged in one location does not mean that you are suffering from any serious disease. Your CT scan results are also reassuring and indicate that the cause of lymph node enlargement is reactionary to an infection. Such reactive lymph node enlargement is harmless and benign. Therefore this persistent enlargement of the lymph node is not at all alarming and no further investigation is required.

Take care.

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars.

Thank you!

Dear customer,

Were you able to read the answer?

Do you have any further questions?

Thank you!

do I have to remove that ? It could be the tonsils, allergic, or lymphoma ? How I take care that because my specific doctor for ear nose and throat never see anything with his camera

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

There is no need to remove this. Your tonsils were enlarged a year back which lead to enlargement of this lymph node. At present, your tonsils have become a normal size and your doctor cannot see anything now. So, you should not worry about this and this type of enlarged lymph node is very common and occurs even in normal healthy individuals.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars.

Thank you!

Dear customer,

Were you able to read the answer?

Do you have any further questions?

Did I answer your question?

Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor