Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend was hit in his cheek and his nose and mouth are…

My boyfriend was hit...

My boyfriend was hit in his cheek and his nose and mouth are still bleeding two hours later. Should we take him to the ER?

Doctor's Assistant: When did the bleeding begin? Has your boyfriend used any medication for it?

No he hasn’t, and he was hit two hours ago but he only noticed in the shower when trying to clear mucus as if “hawking a lugie” and when he flushed his sinus

Doctor's Assistant: Has he seen a doctor about the bleeding?

No it just happened

3/29/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is his age?

Is bleeding persistent and profuse?

Is he taking any medications?

Pain, swelling?

Difficulty in breathing?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

He is 27. The bleeding is persistent but there isn’t much. He is not taking any medications but he does do a sinus rinse every morning. His cheek is swollen but no difficulty breathing.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, he should do cool compresses with an Ice pack on the nose and cheek.

He should do Nasal saline spray.

Avoid blowing nose.

Give him OTC Tylenol only.

If his nose is getting swell with persistent bleeding more than 30 minutes with difficulty in breathing then visit an emergency room for nasal packing.

An X-ray can be advised.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Thank you

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil